Saturday, January 25, 2014

What's New

As promised the other day, I'm going to get back to making regular updates to my travel journal.  A lot has happened since I last updated regularly.  The biggest is relocation.  I've relocated to Phoenix, and have had an apartment here near downtown for about two years now.  I love this city.  The lack of humidity, the mild winters, and the proximity to the rest of the west coast via airplane, minus the high cost of SoCal, SFO, SEA, etc., make it a great place to live.  I can deal with the heat in the summer too.  I'm an avid hiker and outdoors type, so living in the desert is exciting to me.  Right now I'm in Phoenix, in my apartment, sitting on reserve.  I flew in from Tucson this morning, and due to a maintenance delay, we were about two hours late.  It was a fiasco.  The entire flight for the most part had to be rebooked, so my job was crowd control and keeping everyone semi-happy, and as informed as I could.  Never a dull moment.

I'm going to be posting some pics from previous trips over the past two years over the course of the next few updates, until I get caught up and travel more.  Unless crew tracking calls me out today and screws up my 30 hour Austin layover the day after tomorrow, I'm going to a retirement party of a really great Captain in Tempe.

No comments:

Post a Comment