Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cold

Greetings from Austin, Texas.

I'm here for a 30 hour layover, which I tend to get in either A.) boring locations, B.) places where the weather is awful, or C.) all of the above.  Austin is a fun city, however our hotel is right by the airport instead of downtown where all the fun is.  Luckily the city bus runs by the hotel.  Yesterday was spent lounging by the pool in 70 degree, sunny weather in Phoenix.  I worked a night flight in last night.  When we arrived, it was raining here in Austin.  It rained throughout the night as the temperature slowly dropped, so this morning, the city is covered in a layer of ice.  The morning flights were cancelled here today, since there is apparently no deicing fluid, so the pilots ferried the plane back to Phoenix empty last night, and the FAs stayed here in Austin.  I awoke to my heater spewing ice cold air rather than heat, so after finally pulling myself out of bed and into a lukewarm shower, I got dressed, printed out a bus schedule, and decided to head downtown.  I'm usually the one who likes to explore cities on layovers, however, after standing at the bus stop for five minutes, all while being pelted with freezing rain, I decided a "fuck this" was in order.  I walked next door to Starbucks, and now I'm in my room.  Oh well.

Yesterday.  Slightly different weather than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment